A trip to the park with KID Irene discovered some useful things. First and foremost, other than being really sturdy, her hands are great for grasping onto things like branches.
I placed her in a small tree and she was incredibly stable. Iplehouse did a good job on the posing. I love how she poses. I’m really tempted to get some other hands for her, to have a variety of gestures for her (not just grasping).
I think her pants are too tight though and restrict her range of movements. I think a kung fu outfit is definite and I hope I can create some beautiful styles, for her and my other dolls.
Then tragedy struck. I set her down on the floor and stood her up to take a photo and before I knew it a gust of wind came along and she face planted onto the rough surface with a smack! Hurrying over I saw the damsge left to her little cute nose and I felt so terrible. I had earlier planned on taking out EID Bichun but had brought him back inside when I felt how windy it was. I knew that he definitely would have toppled. Still Irene was so sturdy, it never occurred to me that the wind would blow her down as she’s so light ><
So now I have the painful decision of either:
- Boiling the tip of her nose back into shape as suggested on Den of Angels forum (and possibly ruining her makeup)
- Using epoxy and sculpting her nose and then blushing and sealing (though you’d probably be able to tell the difference since I haven’t tried it before
- Sanding her nose down and resealing, this would change the shape of her face though and I may mess it up further.
- Contacting Iplehouse and requesting a new head and make up (the resin may not match the body)
- Creating a little band aid for her nose and make it part of her character
- Customise her nose in some other way
- Turn her into a ninja thus, by default her nose is covered up.
If anyone has any ideas, please leave a comment.